WELCOME TO CINERGI – ASHP SUPPLIERS & INSTALLERS COVERING WHITELEY
Whiteley, Hampshire, is within the borough of Fareham and is a relatively new community founded in the mid-1980s. It has grown extensively since, with a further 2,000 homes due for completion by 2026. Along with its residential developments, Whiteley boasts excellent commercial and business parks and prime retail space at the Whiteley Shopping Centre.
Residents of Whiteley love it for its close proximity to large cities via the M27, which is just a stone’s throw away. A peaceful place to live, Whiteley has lots of pleasant woodland walks and ample open spaces, such as Meadowside recreation ground. It’s also just over 6 miles from the nearest beach.
Whiteley has many newbuild homes, the newest of which are built to modern energy standards. That makes them ideal candidates for renewable heating systems such as air source heat pumps and solar panels. If you reside in Whiteley and are looking to reduce your fuel bills and your carbon footprint, get in touch with Cinergi, your local heating expert.
With over 40 years experience in heating homes and businesses in and around the Whiteley and Hampshire Area, Cinergi is your perfect choice to quote and supply your new Air Source Heat Pump.
What is a Heat Pump?
Heat pumps have been available for several years, but are only recently gaining popularity in the world of domestic heating within Whiteley. This is partly because of the continuous development in technology, and also due to increased government backing through grants such as Green Deal and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
There are 2 popular types of air source heat pump:
Both types operate on the same principle, but as the name suggests, extract their energy from different sources. There are other types of heat pump (such as water source) but these are far less common.
What are the Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps?
Reduced Fuel Bills
Depending on your current heating fuel source, installing an air source heat pump could reduce your heating energy bills. Typically, the largest savings are seen when replacing oil, LPG (common in more rural areas of Whiteley), electric, or old/inefficient natural gas boilers.
Reduced Carbon Emissions
Air Source Heat Pumps do not burn fossil fuels and are powered solely by electricity. As a result, switching to an air source heat pump can drastically reduce your home’s carbon emissions, especially when coupled with a ‘green’ energy tariff.
An inspection is required every 12 months in order to ensure the heat pump is operating correctly, and to maintain the relevant guarantees . This is unlike a gas or oil boiler service which is more honerous. Cinergi can offer maintenance contracts for the Whiteley area.
Easier To Install
Air Source Heat Pumps are easier to install than ground source heat pumps, and provide less disruption to the occupiers. A typical installation generally takes between 2 to 5 days, depending on the amount of work and adaptions required to the property.
What is RHI?
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government scheme that provides payments for the generation of heat from renewable energy sources – Air Source Heat Pumps being one of these. Payments are calculated by the heat generation output of the installation which is either taken from your EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) or metered via an MID approved heat meter.
RHI is not capped financially, but has an energy cap of 20,000kWh for Air Source Heat Pumps, and 30,000kWh for Ground Source Heat Pumps.
Air Source Heat Pump Example (maximum):
Energy rating on EPC: 20,000kWh
SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
RHI payments per year: £1,606.00
Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £12,050.85
GroundSource Heat Pump Example (maximum):
Energy rating on EPC: 30,000kWh
SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
RHI payments per year: £2,410.00
Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £18,076.28
What is the Process?
- Register your interest by clicking one of the ‘Book your Survey Now’ buttons or calling us on 0800 321 3142.
- A member of our team will call you, to discuss your current installation, any requirements you may have and to answer any questions at a time that suits you.
- If you would like to proceed with a site survey and formal propsal then we will proceed to arrange date and time for one of our team to attend. The survey takes no more than an hour, during which we will measure each room in your property and take any additional information that we need to undertake the detailed heat loss calculations (this will include, window dimensions, window type, floor type, type and thickness of loft insulation etc).
- Once we have all the information we require from your property, we will carry out the detailed heat loss calculations, and select the heat pump that is best suited to you and your property’s needs. This information will be compiled, along with the quotation, and returned to you in approximately 3 days from time of survey.
- If we haven’t already heard from you, a member of the team will you call a week or so after sending your design information pack, to answer any questions you may have. If you choose to proceed with the proposal then we will arrange for a suitable time and date for the installation to take place (installation usually takes between 3-5 days, depending on the amount of work/adaptions required to the property).
- Once the installation is complete, a member of our team will provide training on how to operate the new system, and make you aware of any maintenance requirements that are applicable. A handover pack which will be provided which details all necessary information on your system.
- Aftercare – we appreciate that installing an air source heat pump may be a daunting prospect and as such offer a full aftercare service on all of our installations. Please do not be afraid to give us a call if you have any questions once your system has been installed – we are based in The New Forest, Southampton – we are here to help.
Why is Cinergi the right fit for you?
- With over 40 years of experience in heating homes and business, Cinergi are the experts when it comes to advising you on your best options.
- We are unique in that we are accredited and certified to install Gas, LPG & Oil boilers, as well as air source heat pumps. As such, we are in a unique position to offer advice on the best heating solution for your individual circumstances. Want a price for an air source heat pump and a replacement oil boiler? No problem, we can provide you with costs for all of your options.
- We are local! We are based just inside the New Forest, about 15 minutes from Southampton Centre.
- Our engineers at Cinergi have been installing air source heat pumps for several years now. Just some of the places we have worked are:
- The New Forest
- We do not use sub-contractors. All of our air source heat pump installations are undertaken by in-house engineers. This ensures that we can closely monitor the level of workmanship and customer service, and ensure it matches our ethos of high standards.
- We care about our work – we are a customer focussed business and are always on hand to help.
Let’s discuss your Whiteley Air Source Heat Pump Installation project
We understand that no two jobs are alike, that is why we treat each project uniquely.
If you have an upcoming project, you can get in touch with us at 0800 321 3142, or alternatively, click the button below to arrange a callback from one of our team at a time that suits you.