What is a Heat Pump?
It’s only recently that heat pumps have started gaining popularity as a domestic heating solution within Reigate, but they have been available for several years. There are two reasons for this: the constant improvements in technology and also increased government support through grants like the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and Green Deals. With these grants, it is possible to upgrade your heating at no cost, but we will get into that later.
There are two common kinds of air source heat pump:
– Air source
– Ground Source
These two heat pumps utilize the same technique, but they get energy from different sources, as the names suggest. Other type of heat pump such as water source are available but they are less popular.
What are the Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps?
Reduced Fuel Bills
Setting up an air source heat pump could lower your heating costs, but that depends on your current system. Normally, the biggest savings are observed when switching from oil, LPG (popular in rural areas like Reigate), electric, or old/inefficient natural gas boilers.
Reduced Carbon Emissions
Air source heat pumps are powered only by electricity and do not burn fossil fuels. Hence, changing to an air source heat pump can significantly decrease your property’s carbon emissions, particularly when linked with green energy tariff.
An annual inspection is needed to make sure the heat pump is functioning well, is highly efficient, and to maintain the applicable guarantees. This makes it better than a gas or boiler service which is more inconvenient.
Easier To Install
In comparison to ground source heat pumps, Air Source Heat Pumps are easier to set up and are less disruptive to occupants. A regular installation lasts between two to five days, depending on adaptions needed to the property and amount of work.
What is RHI?
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government scheme that provides payments for the generation of heat from renewable energy sources – Air Source Heat Pumps being one of these. Payments are calculated by the heat generation output of the installation which is either taken from your EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) or metered via an MID approved heat meter.
RHI is not capped financially, but has an energy cap of 20,000kWh for Air Source Heat Pumps, and 30,000kWh for Ground Source Heat Pumps.
Air Source Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 20,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £1,606.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £12,050.85
GroundSource Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 30,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £2,410.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £18,076.28
What is the Process?
1. Show your interest by hitting on one of the ‘Book your Survey Now’ buttons or giving us a call on 0800 321 3142.
2. A team member will give you a call to talk about your current installation, any needs you may have, and to respond to any questions whenever you are ready.
3. If you wish to go on with the formal proposal and site survey we will have a team member ready to attend. Basically, the survey takes approximately an hour, and during that duration, we will take measurements for each room in your home and collect any extra information that we require to make the detailed heat loss calculations (for instance, floor type, type and thickness of loft insulation, window type, and window dimensions).
4.After we have got all the information we need from your home, we will conduct the detailed heat loss calculations, and choose the heat pump that best serves your needs. This information, along with the prices, will be put together and even back to you around 3 days after the survey.
5. If we have not yet talked with you, a team member will give you a call a week or so after submitting your design information pack to respond to any of your questions. If you decide to continue with the proposal then we will pick the ideal date and time for the installation (installations normally take three to five days, depending on the adaptions needed to the property/amount of work).
6. Once we have completed the installation, a Cinergi team member will offer training on how to use the new system and inform you of any applicable maintenance needs. You will then get a handover pack containing all the necessary details on your system.
7. Aftercare – setting up an air source heat pump may look complex, that’s why we provide a full aftercare service on all of our installations. If you have any questions regarding your new heat pump, please give us a call – we are found in The New Forest, Southampton – we’re here to serve you.
Why Choose Cinergi?
1. Cinergi has more than 40 years of experience heating businesses and homes in the Surrey area, and are better placed to recommend the best solutions for your unique needs.
2. We are professionally-accredited to set up Gas, LPG & Oil boilers, as well as air source heat pumps. Thus, we have the expertise to provide advice on the best heating options for your property. Wondering about the cost of an air source heat pump and a replacement oil boiler? No worries, we can offer prices for all of your options.
3. Cinergi is local! We are located inside the New Forest, about 45 minutes from Reigate.
4. Engineers at Cinergi have been setting up air source heat pumps for many years now. Some places we have installed the hit pumps include:
Southampton – Eastleigh – Portsmouth – Winchester – Whiteley – Fareham – Basingstoke – Andover – Romsey – Aldershot – Farnborough- The New Forest – Ringwood
5. We never work with sub-contractors. All our air source heat pump installations are done by our own engineers. This way, we ensure the highest levels of quality all the time.
6. We Care – we strive to give our customers the best service.
Our Recommended Manufacturers
Here at Cinergi, we do not use a single manufacturer, as a ‘one size fits all’ approach simply does not work in the world of air source heat pumps. When it comes to choosing the right heat pump for you, there are many factors that we must consider….
Samsung EHS (Generation 6)
Available in Monobloc 5 – 16 kW
The Samsung EHS GEN6 is the latest generation in Samsung’s successful range of MCS accredited air source heat pumps, following the Samsung GEN5.
Quickly becoming the go-to air source heat pump, the Samsung EHS GEN6 comes with excellent technical support combined with a competitive price. Useful for most large and small scale installations.
Available in Monobloc and split 3 – 12 kW
The Vaillant ASHP is relatively new to the market and is available in both monobloc and split variants (aroTHERM and aroTHERM Plus). Vaillant are a well known brand in the world on domestic heating and are set to revolutionise the sector with their sleak, modern aesthetic designs.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 14 kW
Mistubishi have been in the ASHP industry for years, and are arguably the most popular manufacturer when it comes to domestic installations.
The Mistubishi range comes in a range of sizes and variants, in outputs ranging from 5kW to 14kW, and are available in both monobloc and split variants.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 13 kW
Midea are a relatively new name in the world of air source heat pumps, but have already built a strong reputation. Other manufacturers such as Vaillant use Midea internals within their own units.
Midea units tend to be physically lower and wider, and therefore are a favourite for locations with restricted heigh (such as below windows).
After speaking to several heating engineers we decided to go with Cinergi to upgrade our old back boiler for a new Worcester Bosch combi.
We are so glad with our choice and would recommend Ian to anyone. We are delighted with the service we have received, we were never without hot water and he worked in a professional and friendly manner.
Ian’s quote was clear and itemised so we could see exactly what we were spending our money on and he was able to offer us helpful advice on the best solution for us.
We Chose Cinergi to replace our 17 year old boiler, we contacted Ian at Cinergi through the Bosch Worcester accredited installer website with a few other companies.
We had several other companies attend but they wanted to remove some of my decking to install a soakaway buried in the ground with limestone chippings, Ian was the only one who said there was no need for that to be done – he would install a Sentinel condensafe condensate neutraliser.
Ian was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable i would not hesitate to recommend him his workmanship was fantastic.
Cinergi were able to fit a new boiler at short notice with a more than reasonable quote. Ian arrived as scheduled, was very friendly and knowledgeable and got straight on with the job. His workmanship is excellent plus he takes away the old boiler/rubbish, making sure the job is left tidy. During the installation I presented Ian with a separate bit of work, moving a problematic pipe for an existing radiator. He solved the issue with some clever pipework which he was able to hide leaving a perfect finish.
Overall Ian was brilliant at his job and is obviously very experienced and skilled. I would highly recommend him to anybody and we will definitely be using Cinergi in the future.
Let’s discuss your ASHP installation in Reigate
We understand that no two jobs are alike, that is why we treat each project uniquely.
If you have an upcoming project, you can get in touch with us at 0800 321 3142, or alternatively, click the button below to arrange a callback from one of our team at a time that suits you.