What is a Heat Pump?
Although heat pumps have been available for use for many years, it is only recently that they have become a common domestic heating solution within Guildford. This can be attributed to the constant advancement in technology, and government support via grants like Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) and Green Deal. With these grants, you can upgrade your heating for free, but we will delve into that later.
Heat pumps have been available as a solution for several years, but are only recently gaining popularity in the world of domestic heating within Bournemouth. This is partly because of the continuous development in technology, and also due to increased government backing through grants such as Green Deal and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). These grants can potentially allow you to upgrade your heating for free, but more on that later.
The two popular types of air source heat pump are:
– Air source
– Ground Source
Both pumps work the same way, but they get their energy from different sources, as their names suggest. Other types of heat pump such as water source exist but they are not as popular as the two main types.
What are the Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps?
Reduced Fuel Bills
Installing an air source heat pump could lower your heating energy bills, but that depends on your current system. Usually, the most savings are observed when replacing oil, LPG (common in more rural areas of Guildford), electric, or old/inefficient natural gas boilers.
Reduced Carbon Emissions
Air Source Heat Pumps are powered only by electricity and do not use fossil fuels. Consequently, changing to an air source heat pump can significantly decrease your property’s carbon emissions, particularly when linked with a ‘green’ energy tariff.
Every 1 year, an inspection is needed to make sure that the heat pump is working properly, highly efficient, and to keep up the applicable guarantees. A gas or boiler service, on the other hand, will give you a lot of trouble.
Easier To Install
It is easier to set Air Source Heat Pumps than ground source heat pumps, and they also offer less disruption to occupants. A regular installation takes around two to five days, depending on the adaptions required to the property and amount of work.
What is RHI?
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government scheme that provides payments for the generation of heat from renewable energy sources – Air Source Heat Pumps being one of these. Payments are calculated by the heat generation output of the installation which is either taken from your EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) or metered via an MID approved heat meter.
RHI is not capped financially, but has an energy cap of 20,000kWh for Air Source Heat Pumps, and 30,000kWh for Ground Source Heat Pumps.
Air Source Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 20,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £1,606.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £12,050.85
GroundSource Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 30,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £2,410.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £18,076.28
What is the Process?
1. To show your interest give us a call on 0800 321 3142 or hit one of the ‘Book your Survey Now’ buttons.
2. A Cinergi team member will give you a call to talk about your current installation, any needs you may have, and to respond to any questions, whenever you are available.
3. If you wish to go on with a formal proposal and site survey we will organise a time and date for one of our team members to come over. The survey normally lasts about an hour, and during that period we will measure every room in your home and collect any extra information we require to make detailed heat loss calculations. (Examples of information we will collect are: type and thickness of loft insulation, window type, flow type, and window dimensions).
4. When we have all the information we need from your home, we will make the detailed heat loss calculations, and select the heat pump that caters to your needs. This information, along with the price, will be put together and given back to you in about three days after the survey.
5. If we have not yet spoken to you, a team member will get in touch a week or so after submitting your design information pack to respond to any questions you may have. If you decide to go on with the proposal then we will organise the right date and time for the installation. Note that the installation normally takes 3 to 5 days, depending on the adaptions needed to the property/amount of work.
6. When we finish the installation, a team member will offer training on how to run the new system, and tell you about any relevant maintenance needs. You will be given a handover pack which will contain all the necessary details about your new system.
7. Aftercare – We understand that setting up an air source heat pump may seem complicated and such, so we provide a full aftercare service on all the installations we make. If you have any questions regarding your installed system, do not hesitate to give us a call–we are located in The New Forest, Southampton – we are always ready to help.
Why Choose Cinergi?
1. We have more than 4 decades of experience heating businesses and home in the Surrey area, meaning we have the expertise to advise you on the best choices to consider for your unique needs.
2. Being professionally-accredited to set up Gas, LPG & Oil boilers, as well as air source heat pumps makes us unique. Therefore, we are better placed to provide advice on the ideal heating option for your property. Wondering what the price of an air source heat pump and a replacement oil boiler is? No worries, we can offer quotations for all your choices.
3. We are local! We are located just inside the New Forest, about 45 minutes from Guildford.
4. Cinergi engineers have been installing air heat source pumps for a couple of years now. Some places we have set up the heat pumps include:
Southampton – Eastleigh – Portsmouth – Winchester – Whiteley – Fareham – Basingstoke – Andover – Romsey – Aldershot – Farnborough- The New Forest – Ringwood
5. We do not work with sub-contractors. All of our air source heat pump installations are done by our own engineers, so our customers can always expect high levels of quality.
6. We Care – We are dedicated to providing the best service to our clients.
Our Recommended Manufacturers
Here at Cinergi, we do not use a single manufacturer, as a ‘one size fits all’ approach simply does not work in the world of air source heat pumps. When it comes to choosing the right heat pump for you, there are many factors that we must consider….
Samsung EHS (Generation 6)
Available in Monobloc 5 – 16 kW
The Samsung EHS GEN6 is the latest generation in Samsung’s successful range of MCS accredited air source heat pumps, following the Samsung GEN5.
Quickly becoming the go-to air source heat pump, the Samsung EHS GEN6 comes with excellent technical support combined with a competitive price. Useful for most large and small scale installations.
Available in Monobloc and split 3 – 12 kW
The Vaillant ASHP is relatively new to the market and is available in both monobloc and split variants (aroTHERM and aroTHERM Plus). Vaillant are a well known brand in the world on domestic heating and are set to revolutionise the sector with their sleak, modern aesthetic designs.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 14 kW
Mistubishi have been in the ASHP industry for years, and are arguably the most popular manufacturer when it comes to domestic installations.
The Mistubishi range comes in a range of sizes and variants, in outputs ranging from 5kW to 14kW, and are available in both monobloc and split variants.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 13 kW
Midea are a relatively new name in the world of air source heat pumps, but have already built a strong reputation. Other manufacturers such as Vaillant use Midea internals within their own units.
Midea units tend to be physically lower and wider, and therefore are a favourite for locations with restricted heigh (such as below windows).
After speaking to several heating engineers we decided to go with Cinergi to upgrade our old back boiler for a new Worcester Bosch combi.
We are so glad with our choice and would recommend Ian to anyone. We are delighted with the service we have received, we were never without hot water and he worked in a professional and friendly manner.
Ian’s quote was clear and itemised so we could see exactly what we were spending our money on and he was able to offer us helpful advice on the best solution for us.
We Chose Cinergi to replace our 17 year old boiler, we contacted Ian at Cinergi through the Bosch Worcester accredited installer website with a few other companies.
We had several other companies attend but they wanted to remove some of my decking to install a soakaway buried in the ground with limestone chippings, Ian was the only one who said there was no need for that to be done – he would install a Sentinel condensafe condensate neutraliser.
Ian was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable i would not hesitate to recommend him his workmanship was fantastic.
Cinergi were able to fit a new boiler at short notice with a more than reasonable quote. Ian arrived as scheduled, was very friendly and knowledgeable and got straight on with the job. His workmanship is excellent plus he takes away the old boiler/rubbish, making sure the job is left tidy. During the installation I presented Ian with a separate bit of work, moving a problematic pipe for an existing radiator. He solved the issue with some clever pipework which he was able to hide leaving a perfect finish.
Overall Ian was brilliant at his job and is obviously very experienced and skilled. I would highly recommend him to anybody and we will definitely be using Cinergi in the future.
Let’s discuss your ASHP installation in Guildford
We understand that no two jobs are alike, that is why we treat each project uniquely.
If you have an upcoming project, you can get in touch with us at 0800 321 3142, or alternatively, click the button below to arrange a callback from one of our team at a time that suits you.