What is a Heat Pump?
For many years, heat pumps have been available but it is only recently that they have gained popularity as a domestic heating solution in Bagshot. Government support through grants like Green Deal and Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is one of the reasons for this. Another is the constant improvements in technology. With these grants, Bagshot residents can upgrade their heating for free, but we’ll talk about that later.
The two major types of air source heat pump are:
– Air source
– Ground Source
These two types work the same way, but they get their energy from different sources, just as their names suggest. Other types such as water source are accessible although they aren’t as common.
What are the Benefits of Air Source Heat Pumps?
Reduced Fuel Bills
Setting up an air source heat pump could decrease your heating energy bills, depending on your current system. Generally, the largest savings are seen when replacing oil, LPG (popular in more rural areas of Bagshot), electric, or old/inefficient natural gas boilers.
Reduced Carbon Emissions
Air Source Heat Pumps run solely on electricity and do not burn fossil fuels and are powered solely by electricity. So, changing to an air source heat pump can considerably decrease your home’s carbon emissions, particularly when linked with a ‘green’ energy tariff.
Every year, an inspection is needed to make sure the heat pump is operating well, at maximum efficiency, and to maintain the applicable guarantees . This differs greatly with a gas or oil boiler service which is more taxing.
Easier To Install
In comparison to ground source heat pumps, Air Source Heat Pumps are easier to install, and offer less disruption to the occupants. A normal installation generally takes between 2 to 5 days, depending on the adaptions required to the property/ amount of work.
What is RHI?
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a government scheme that provides payments for the generation of heat from renewable energy sources – Air Source Heat Pumps being one of these. Payments are calculated by the heat generation output of the installation which is either taken from your EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) or metered via an MID approved heat meter.
RHI is not capped financially, but has an energy cap of 20,000kWh for Air Source Heat Pumps, and 30,000kWh for Ground Source Heat Pumps.
Air Source Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 20,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £1,606.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £12,050.85
GroundSource Heat Pump Example (maximum):
- Energy rating on EPC: 30,000kWh
- SCOP of heat pump: 3.85
- RHI payments per year: £2,410.00
- Total RHI over 7 years (CPI linked at 2.3%): £18,076.28
What is the Process?
1. If you are interested, call us on 0800 321 3142 or hit one of the ‘Book your Survey Now’ buttons.
2. One of our team members will call you to talk about your current installation, any needs you may want, and to respond to any questions at a time of your choosing.
3. If you wish to continue with a formal proposal and site survey we will arrange a time and date for a team member to attend. The survey typically lasts for around an hour, and during that time we will measure all rooms in your home and collect extra information such as type and thickness of loft insulation, window type, floor type, and window dimensions.
4. After collecting all the information we need from the client’s property, we will make detailed heat loss calculations and pick the heat pump that serves the property’s requirements. These details will be put together, along with the price, and given back to the client about three days after the survey.
5. If you have not spoken to us yet, a team member will call about a week after submitting your design information pack to respond to any questions you may have. If you decide to continue with your proposal we will arrange the right installation date and time (a typical installation lasts between 3 and 5 days, depending on the adaptions required to the property/amount of work.
6. On completion of the installation, a Cinergi team member will offer training on how to run the new system and tell you all about the applicable maintenance requirement. You will then get a handover pack detailing all the necessary information on your system.
7. Aftercare – we know that installing an air source heat pump may look complex, so we provide a full aftercare service on all the installations we make. Once we have installed the system and you have any issues, please do not hesitate to give us a call–we are based in The New Forest, Southampton – we are here to assist.
Why Choose Cinergi?
1. Cinergi has more than 40 years of experience heating businesses and homes in the Surrey area, so it’s engineers are in a unique position to recommend the right options for your needs.
2. What makes us different is that we are professionally-accredited to install Gas, LPG & Oil boilers, and air source heat pumps. Thus, we are the best when it comes to providing advice on the best heating choice for your property. Wondering about the price of an air source heat pump and a replacement oil boiler? No worries, we can offer you the quotations for all your choices.
3. We are locally-based! We are located just inside the New Forest, about 45 minutes from Bagshot.
4. Cinergi engineers have been setting up air source heat pumps for a couple of years now. Some places we have made installations include:
Southampton – Eastleigh – Portsmouth – Winchester – Whiteley – Fareham – Basingstoke – Andover – Romsey – Aldershot – Farnborough- The New Forest – Ringwood
5. We never employ sub-contractors. All the air source heat pump installations we make are overseen by our in-house engineers, so our clients are always assured of awesome work.
6. We Care – we genuinely care about our customers and are always available to lend a hand.
Our Recommended Manufacturers
Here at Cinergi, we do not use a single manufacturer, as a ‘one size fits all’ approach simply does not work in the world of air source heat pumps. When it comes to choosing the right heat pump for you, there are many factors that we must consider….
Samsung EHS (Generation 6)
Available in Monobloc 5 – 16 kW
The Samsung EHS GEN6 is the latest generation in Samsung’s successful range of MCS accredited air source heat pumps, following the Samsung GEN5.
Quickly becoming the go-to air source heat pump, the Samsung EHS GEN6 comes with excellent technical support combined with a competitive price. Useful for most large and small scale installations.
Available in Monobloc and split 3 – 12 kW
The Vaillant ASHP is relatively new to the market and is available in both monobloc and split variants (aroTHERM and aroTHERM Plus). Vaillant are a well known brand in the world on domestic heating and are set to revolutionise the sector with their sleak, modern aesthetic designs.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 14 kW
Mistubishi have been in the ASHP industry for years, and are arguably the most popular manufacturer when it comes to domestic installations.
The Mistubishi range comes in a range of sizes and variants, in outputs ranging from 5kW to 14kW, and are available in both monobloc and split variants.
Available in Monobloc and split 5 – 13 kW
Midea are a relatively new name in the world of air source heat pumps, but have already built a strong reputation. Other manufacturers such as Vaillant use Midea internals within their own units.
Midea units tend to be physically lower and wider, and therefore are a favourite for locations with restricted heigh (such as below windows).
After speaking to several heating engineers we decided to go with Cinergi to upgrade our old back boiler for a new Worcester Bosch combi.
We are so glad with our choice and would recommend Ian to anyone. We are delighted with the service we have received, we were never without hot water and he worked in a professional and friendly manner.
Ian’s quote was clear and itemised so we could see exactly what we were spending our money on and he was able to offer us helpful advice on the best solution for us.
We Chose Cinergi to replace our 17 year old boiler, we contacted Ian at Cinergi through the Bosch Worcester accredited installer website with a few other companies.
We had several other companies attend but they wanted to remove some of my decking to install a soakaway buried in the ground with limestone chippings, Ian was the only one who said there was no need for that to be done – he would install a Sentinel condensafe condensate neutraliser.
Ian was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable i would not hesitate to recommend him his workmanship was fantastic.
Cinergi were able to fit a new boiler at short notice with a more than reasonable quote. Ian arrived as scheduled, was very friendly and knowledgeable and got straight on with the job. His workmanship is excellent plus he takes away the old boiler/rubbish, making sure the job is left tidy. During the installation I presented Ian with a separate bit of work, moving a problematic pipe for an existing radiator. He solved the issue with some clever pipework which he was able to hide leaving a perfect finish.
Overall Ian was brilliant at his job and is obviously very experienced and skilled. I would highly recommend him to anybody and we will definitely be using Cinergi in the future.
Let’s discuss your ASHP installation in Bagshot
We understand that no two jobs are alike, that is why we treat each project uniquely.
If you have an upcoming project, you can get in touch with us at 0800 321 3142, or alternatively, click the button below to arrange a callback from one of our team at a time that suits you.